Thursday 26 June 2014

EXCUSITIS IS KILLING ME

So after such a long recess from blogging, I decided to ask myself this question. What happened? Why haven't I been blogging? And guess what...I had no answer. I have been dwelling on excuses for such a long time. Just listen to all this rubbish I have been telling myself.

1) I don't have time. I'm too busy: Whaaat? This is clearly false. You see, I realized there are about 5hrs in a day in which I'm doing absolutely nothing constructive. During this time, I am either Facebooking, dozing off, listening to music or participating in some silly conversation. So, five whole hours doing absolutely nothing is very unserious of me. Isn't it?  

2) I will do it later: Can you imagine? Something that could be now and finished within the shortest possible time is postponed to another time. Mr Procrastinator for sure. This is how and why many of us fail to get things done. And when I fail to do it, I stupidly have the guts to tell my self that all will be fine. Silly....

3) I have nothing to write about: Silly, right? Yeah, I also thought so. With all that's taking place on this planet, how can my big head and brain fail to generate content that speaks to people? 

4) I have no access to the internet: Hahaha....I'm even laughing at myself. What on earth is wrong with me? So how have I been able to post this article? Stupid excuse....

5) I'm tired: Really? What have I been doing all day that has made me so tired? This has been an excuse to avoid doing things that count. 

I think someone needs to give me a serious spanking for being silly and not acting on what truly matters. The thing is, many of you also do the same. You dwell on why things can't be done and not how things can be done. I'm not alone in this struggle. It is time for us to rise to the occasion, kill all this laziness, and focus on what counts. One of my former employers always used to say, "mutabani (meaning son), EXCUSES STINK". They really stink for sure. 

Here's to achieving our goals without giving excuses....          

No comments:

Post a Comment