Saturday 9 November 2013

SUPER SURVIVOR

Little children are always daring enough to risk their life to achieve a goal. There was this one time in my village as a 3 year old boy when I sneaked in to our grass thatched kitchen. I wondered in admiration how I could make perfect use of that fire which for some reason looked really nice to play with. Just a description of this fire place; There were three large stones placed in a triangular shape on one side of this hut. With fire wood stacked in between these stones and fire lit, a pot of something was boiling (I don’t remember what exactly it was).


My inquisitive nature led me to picking up a long strand of grass from God knows where and pushing it into the fire. Upon catching, I raised it up to the roof and my oh my oh my, I liked what I saw. The grass roof had just caught fire. My excitement level was beyond imagination because I had never seen anything like that. I was beaming with joy, looking at the burning roof, laughing and celebrating my achievement of setting this hut ablaze. But wait a minute…. the roof was about to collapse on me. For some reason, I believed I was safe. From nowhere, my super hero father appeared just in the nick of time to save me from the falling roof. I survived death by a whisker. I came out of that place alive and today, I say thank you dad for carrying me out of that place.

Who is that person that has saved you during the toughest of times? Just say a big THANK YOU to them today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment