Monday 18 November 2013

THANK YOU SCOTT DINSMORE

Have you ever been in a desperate situation? You are broke and all you can do is take up any job just for the sake of money. No passion, no love, no interest whatsoever.  Well, I’ve been there. I worked for about six months in a job that became quite monotonous and boring. I hung in there because I badly needed the money. Moreover, I was a graduate from the best University in Uganda, Makerere University. How would they see me without a job? I literally was dying of job dissatisfaction. I would drag myself out of bed every morning to get to work. It was a routine that made me ask myself whether I really wanted to be in that boat. So in May this year, I started asking myself questions like Who am I? Why am I on earth today? What do I really want to do? What difference do I want to make?

It was around that same time that I downloaded one of the TEDX Talks that later on influenced certain decisions I have taken. Scott Dinsmore’s talk on “HOW TO FIND AND DO WORK THAT YOU LOVE” was such an inspiration to me. Three weeks after watching Scott’s talk, I quit my job without any Plan B (that was in June this year). I kept asking myself “What is it that I can’t not do?” and I still ask myself this question very often. 

I set out on a journey of self discovery. A journey that should lead me to a destination of doing what I really love. From June to September, I never noticed any changes in my life. Little did I know that I was about to start on a venture that would really excite me. In late October, I started a business of making and selling bracelets. It is an infant steadily growing. I love it. Furthermore, Scott’s influence is the inspiration behind this blog EVERYDAY LESSONS. I surely hope that one day I will be a guest author on LIVE YOUR LEGEND http://liveyourlegend.net/. I must also say that I’m proud to be a member of the CREATOR’S GUILD on Facebook as well and I'm looking forward to being a resource to many of the new bloggers. Slowly but surely, I’m discovering new things about myself. I already know that I want to leave this world a much better place than I found it. I want to Live My Legend and leave a legacy when I’m gone. And one thing for sure is, I’m going to do great things.

Isn’t it so interesting how Scott who lives in San Francisco, California has massively influenced the life a young man Ernest who lives in a small town in Kampala, Uganda? Keep doing the great job Scott. You surely have left a mark on so many people around the world and I appreciate all that you are doing. 

1 comment: